In its bid to promote local content within Nigeria’s growing ICT industry, the
National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) has unveiled the Indigenous Information Technology Companies’ Portal (IICP) for registering local ICT companies.
The portal: www.iicp.nitda.gov.ng , is expected to regulate the incidence of failed IT projects among public institutions contracted without provisions for maintenance or a sustainable plan.
It was unveiled at the Stakeholders’ Workshop for Nigerian Government Enterprise Architecture held in Abuja.
As part of NITDA’s commitment to the Federal Government’s ease of doing business agenda, the platform has been created to ensure hassle free process of registration and certification of indigenous IT service providers/contractors to Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies
Dr Isa Pantami, the Director General of NITDA, said during the launch of the portal that only 4.7 per cent of Federal Government institutions deploy IT in its effective manner.
Pantami said NITDA was committed to ensuring that the required ICT skills are developed in the public service, government digital services are promoted and IT procurement and deployment in the public sector are properly coordinated.
He also insisted that the implementation of e-Government must be holistic and integrated before government digital transformation can be experienced.
How does the portal work?
- Create an account by clicking on the “Register” link by the top right corner
- Login and fill all the forms by selecting the links on the table of content by the left-hand side of the screen
- Upload all the required documents and images
- Images should NOT exceed 50Kb each and should be either in “jpg” or “png” format
- Documents shoud be scanned to PDF format and must NOT exceed 100Kb each
- “Submit” button would appear below the table of the content when all required information has been rightly completed
- Click on the submit button, a review page would appear where you can review and edit any error in your submission
- Certify your submission by clicking on the checkbox against the certification statement and then submit the application
- Await approval; once approved, you will receive your certification by mail.