7 months after Stripe’s acquisition Paystack is making its way into Southern Africa, The Nigeria fintech company provides a payments API and is active in now active in Nigeria, Ghana, and South Africa.
Paystack now claims to power 50% of all online payments in Nigeria with around 60,000 customers. This South African launch comes after a six-month pilot; while some may believe the South African payments sector to be saturated, Paystack CEO Shola Akinlade does not agree.
Less than half of all payments in South Africa are done digitally and with online commerce expected to expand 30% YoY, Paystack sees ton of opportunity in the space.
Paystack will enable tech startups, ecommerce stores, agencies, and creators get paid online,
When you create a free Paystack account , you have immediate access to the following features:
- Well-documented APIs, libraries, and SDKs to help you build custom payment experiences
- A robust lineup of plugins to eCommerce platforms, such as WordPress, Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, Wix, and lots more. See the full list of plugins here
- Simple, powerful seller tools to help you bring your ideas to market beautifully
- Automated recurring billing
- A data Dashboard to monitor your business’ performance
- Advanced fraud detection
- Detailed reporting for accounting, reconciliation, and audits
- No signup or recurring monthly fees, and lots more!