At least 30 African tech startups will be selected for a six-month accelerator Smart Cities Innovation Programme (SCIP).
It will run from June to December 2021.
Key tech start-ups from Rwanda and other African countries will be selected with a focus on the fields of mobility, housing and fintech.
Start-ups will be supported by international corporate partners, investors and public institutions during the programme.
They will be advised remotely by a sector-specific mentor and matched with an additional business development mentor; after which they will be invited to pitch their solutions to corporates and investors in Rwanda in September.
Who can apply?
The SCIP aims at accelerating start-ups which have
- Operations in one or more African countries
- Solutions in Mobility, Housing and Fintech for Smart Cities
- Launched their product or service and have customers
- Growth and job creation potential
- Social and/or environmental impact
- A strong and motivated team
How to apply?
To apply to the Smart Cities Innovation Programme, please fill in the application form below before the 9th of May.
Selected applicants will be invited to provide further information about their business and participate in an interview.
The deadline for application is May 9.